What is counselling?
Counselling is a backward looking process whereby you will be able to make sense out of any issues from your past that are giving you problems now. By using a combination of questioning, listening, probing, feedback and support I can help you understand the messages from the past and how they are impacting on your present and what you can do to move forwards in a positive way.
What this means in reality is I’ll help you explore any past issues you have and why they are causing you problems today leading to helping you work through and overcome them. You need not be a victim of your past, counselling will help you put your past experience into a better perspective, identify alternative ways of dealing with similar future situations and a greater feeling of self worth.
- 28% of people have consulted a counsellor or psychotherapist (up from 21% in 2010)
- 54% of respondents said that they, a family member, friend or work colleague have consulted a counsellor or psychotherapist
- 69% of people think the world would be a better place if people talked about their feelings more
Source BACP 2014 Link
We can help individuals overcome past problems, issues and fears by allowing them to talk about their feelings, emotions, problems, etc. in a safe, supportive, non-judgemental and empathic way. We will not give advice or tell you what to do!, it is about you and your understanding and the sense you make of the situation that will lead you to your own solutions.
What will I get out of counselling?
- A better awareness of past issues
- A way forward to move through your past
- Direction and meaning in your life
- An improvement in your relationships with other people and yourself!
- A more focused approach to life
- More ownership of your future
- An increase in your personal autonomy and control
- Improved self worth (you never know you might begin to like yourself!)
What I can offer:
A comprehensive, confidential range of counselling and hypnotherapy tools and techniques all focused on you. including:
- Past life regression
- Weight loss
- Stopping Smoking
- Reduced stress
- Reduction in the impact of fear/phobias
I’ve been a counsellor and hypnotherapist since the early 90’s working with “NCH Careline” and “GMLCA” as a volunteer counsellor as well as with individual clients.